13 January 2011

Listening To





I first heard The Avett Brothers on my favorite radio station (it plays mostly alternative and older rock - think the Beatles mixed with Nekko Case and Wilco). I automatically fell in love with them, but missed the name of the band, so I couldn't find the artist. Then, a couple of months later, they popped up on my Pandora Account, and I've since bought their album and added them to my Pandora.

Drawn by the naked honesty of their songs, their magic soon encompassed me. That magic is abundantly evident in I and Love and You. The Avett Brothers' songs are delivered in a style that can not be pigeonholed, but might be described as a rootsy amalgam of folk, country, bluegrass, rock and pop – even a jab of punk-style dynamics here and there.

I hope You are cast under their spell also!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails